that we have off and

zzkzhang
WASHINGTON — The Washington Nationals are approaching July 4 on the verge of becoming what nobody predicted them to be when the season started — a .500 club.

Washington fell to 42-41 Monday night with 4-3 loss to the Boston Red Sox Bob Lilly Jersey , their sixth loss in seven games. Once again, they did almost enough to win, falling behind 3-0 and rallying within one before Craig Kimbrell retired Anthony Rendon with the tying run on base to end it.

Max Scherzer, who has had an impressive year at the plate as well as on the mound, ironically was done in by friend and former pitching teammate Rick Porcello, whose bases-loaded double off Scherzer in the second inning made it 3-0.

“I wish I had a lot to say about that, but I don’t really know what happened,” Porcello, who improved to 10-3, told NESN.com. “Obviously I know he’s got a big fastball and I just got lucky. He got to the top of his windup and I told myself start swinging and I hit it.”

With the loss http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/margus-hunt-jersey , Washington dropped seven games behind the Atlanta Braves in the NL East.

“This is where the test is, that even when things aren’t going your way, when things are bleak, when we haven’t been playing great baseball, you have to find a way to take and find certain things you are doing well and just try to build off those,” Scherzer, winless in his last five starts, told MASN.com. “That’s just what the whole team has to do.”

The Red Sox (57-29) survived solo homers by Rendon in the fourth, Daniel Murphy in the sixth and Bryce Harper in the eighth.

Reliever Joe Kelly surrendered the Harper homer to cut Boston’s lead to 4-3. Since the start of June, Kelly has pitched 9 1/3 innings and allowed 12 hits and nine earned runs.

“We’ll keep working with him Tarell Basham Jersey , one thing that he needs to do better is tempo,” Red Sox manager Joey Cora said. “I think his tempo is going the other way instead of being more aggressive, and just grab the ball and throw it. So, we’ll talk to him.”

Boston left-hander Brian Johnson (1-2, 4.28) opposes right-hander Tanner Roark (3-9, 4.10) on Tuesday night.

Johnson allowed a run in four innings for the Red Sox Thursday night against the Angels in place of Steven Wright, who went on the disabled list with a knee injury early last week. Tuesday could be Johnson’s last turn in the rotation with Drew Pomeranz close to returning.

Roark is glad to put June in his rearview mirror. He went 1-4 with a 6.08 ERA in five starts and one relief appearance, surrendering 18 earned runs in 26 2/3 innings. He did show improvement last time out, allowing two runs — one earned — on seven hits over six innings of a 4-3 loss to the Phillies while sporting a mustache and mutton chops.

“Tanner pitched good enough to win and that was good to see,” Nationals manager Dave Martinez told the Washington Post. “He started off a little erratic and then all of a sudden he started getting the ball down http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/joe-haeg-jersey , which is good. He pitched well.”

Roark, sounding like any respectably superstitious baseball player, told the Post he’s keeping the mutton chops.

“I feel like it’s a pretty decent look,” he said.

Rookies have had to do all sorts of things through the years, paying a price for being a rookie. They pay for meals for their teammates, bring donuts to the morning meeting, carry shoulder pads or helmets for the veterans at their position or (usually) whatever else is asked of them.

Baker Mayfield had a different kind of rookie hazing: Drew Stanton asked (ordered?) the No. 1 overall pick to bring an RV to minicamp and training camp.

The Sunseeker motorhome is parked outside the Browns’ fieldhouse.

“The RV started back in the spring when we had the rules committee for Baker on Day 1, and one of them was he needed to get an RV,” Stanton said Saturday, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “It was idea that Shaun Hill implemented with Matthew Stafford when we were in Detroit. We did training camp at the facility. It’s parked in the back.

“It’s just someplace that you can go. You can get out of these four walls that start to close in on you after a period of time. There’s no secret meetings or anything going on. It’s not like excluding anybody. Everybody’s welcome. It’s just a place to go unwind http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/montravius-adams-jersey , get away from here for the time period that we have off and just nothing more, nothing less.”

Stanton was asked who was paying for the home-away-from-home RV.

“I think you know the answer to that question,” Stanton said. “It’s not funded by anybody. If it is, you’ll have to ask Baker. I don’t know who it is. All I know is it’s parked outside, and it’s for whoever on offense wants to go in. Maybe defense, we’ll see.”

 Authentic Womens Jason McCourty Jersey