his third career outing

zhangzk
The Buffalo Bills put themselves in a better position to fill a big need at quarterback in the draft. The Cincinnati Bengals added much-needed protection for their own franchise quarterback http://www.officialhockeyrangersshop.com/authentic-adidas-marc-staal-jersey , Andy Dalton. The Bills moved up nine spots in the draft by swapping first-round picks with the Bengals, who also acquired high-priced left tackle Cordy Glenn in a trade Monday, a person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press. The person spoke to The AP on the condition of anonymity because teams are not allowed to announce trades until the NFL’s new business year opens Wednesday. Buffalo moved up to the No. 12 spot in the draft by trading the first of its two opening-round selections, 21st overall. The Bills also have the No. 22 pick. Buffalo also traded its fifth-round pick (158th overall) for the Bengals’ sixth-round selection (187th) as part of the Bills’ second major trade in three days. On Friday, Buffalo traded starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland for a third-round pick. The moves helped place the Bills in a position to use one of their first-round picks to draft a quarterback. The Bills have the assets to move up even higher in the draft order by having two picks in each of the first three rounds. Nathan Peterman, a fifth-round pick last year, is the only quarterback on the roster. General manager Brandon Beane has said he intends to land a franchise quarterback through either the draft, a trade or in free agency. Beane has paid close attention to what is considered a top-heavy draft class of quarterbacks. He has said he planned to meet with all the draft-eligible quarterback prospects. The offensive line is Cincinnati’s biggest focus in the offseason. The offense finished last in the league in large measure because its line couldn’t protect Dalton or open holes for the running backs. The Bengals ranked 20th in allowing 40 sacks and 31st in yards rushing last year. Cedric Ogbuehi took over at left tackle after Andrew Whitworth was allowed to leave as a free agent a year ago. Andre Smith was signed from Minnesota to play right tackle, which was Ogbuehi’s spot. The arrangement didn’t work. Offensive line coach Paul Alexander was fired after the season, indicating an overhaul was coming on the line. Glenn has been a Bills starter since being selected in the second round of the 2012 draft. He was limited to six games last year due to a left-foot injury that eventually required surgery. He also hurt his right ankle. When healthy Victor Mete Jersey , Glenn has been dominant in both pass protection and run blocking. He was part of a Bills team that led the NFL in yards rushing in both 2015 and `16. Dion Dawkins is in position to replace Glenn as the starter after filling in as a rookie last season. The Bills still have a need at center after Eric Wood was diagnosed with a career-ending neck injury in January. Trading Glenn also solves yet another salary-cap related issue Beane inherited upon replacing Doug Whaley, who was fired a day after last year’s draft concluded. Glenn has three years left on a $65 million contract he signed in 2016, and is due to make a $9.25 million base salary this season. Despite being traded, a portion of Glenn’s bonus money will count against the Bills’ salary cap this season. Beane has taken a bold approach to reshaping the Bills through trades. On the same day in August, he traded starting receiver Sammy Watkins to the Los Angeles Rams and starting cornerback Ronald Darby to Philadelphia. In October, the Bills traded their highest-paid player, defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, to Jacksonville for a sixth-round pick. The depletion of talent didn’t hamper the Bills from finishing 9-7 and making the playoffs to end a 17-year drought, which had been the longest active streak in North America’s four major professional sports. — AP sports writer Joe Kay contributed to this report. — TORONTO — The New York Yankees evened their series with the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday afternoon, but the availability of closer Aroldis Chapman for the rubber match Sunday was unknown. Chapman struck out the first batter of the bottom of the ninth inning Saturday in the Yankees’ 8-5 victory at the Rogers Centre Youth Kevin Labanc Jersey , but then left the mound with a recurrence of left knee tendinitis that he has dealt with for the past two months. “I don’t think today was anything too extreme from what he’s been dealing with much of the year,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “It was more me getting him out of there because of the score.” He is considered day-to-day. Chapman entered the game in the ninth with a four-run lead, a non-save situation. “With a four-run lead, I didn’t want to take any chances with it,” Boone said. “He said he was fine to continue.” Chasen Shreve replaced the left-hander and finished the game, allowing a home run to Aledmys Diaz. The teams will go for the series win Sunday afternoon with the Yankees (57-29) sending out right-hander Domingo German (2-4, 5.37 ERA) and the Blue Jays (41-47) will start left-hander Ryan Borucki (0-1, 2.77). The Yankees also lost center fielder Aaron Hicks to a cramp and hamstring tightness in his left leg in the fifth inning. Toronto reliever Rhiner Cruz left the game with a groin injury in the top of the ninth. Hicks will be likely given Sunday off. No MRI has been done at this stage, so Boone hoped the day off would be enough. “He feels like he’s OK,” Boone said. Clint Frazier Michael Hutchinson Jersey , who was called up from Triple-A, took over in left field when Hicks was removed with Brett Gardner moving from left to center. In a twist to the game, the Yankees scored six runs and had four hits and six walks in 2 2/3 innings against Toronto left-hander J.A. Happ, a pitcher they could be interested in obtaining before the July 31 deadline for trades without waivers. It was the second poor start in a row for Happ, who gave up seven runs in 5 2/3 innings to the Detroit Tigers on Sunday. Happ said the rumors of a trade, possibly to the Yankees, did not influence his start. “It really doesn’t change. I was ready to pitch. I was excited to pitch, I felt good,” Happ said. “I don’t know. I think you try to flush this one as best you can and it’s going to be a tough couple of days in between, but hopefully you bounce back. “I don’t think these last two are really indicative of how I’ve pitched the last several years Rasmus Ristolainen Jersey , so you try to flip the script as best as you can and just move forward. “I’m just focused on playing for the Blue Jays right now. There’s rumors out there. You never know what’s speculation, what’s true, and what has any realistic chance. I’m just trying to play and pitch. I’m happy right here and we’ll see what happens.” German will make his 17th appearance and 11th start of the year for the Yankees. He has faced Toronto twice in his career, both in relief, going 0-2 with an 8.10 ERA. In German’s only outing against the Blue Jays this season, he allowed two runs, two hits and four walks in 1 2/3 innings. Borucki will make his third career outing (all starts) when he pitches against the Yankees for the first time. He allowed two runs, six hits and no walks and had eight strikeouts Monday but did not factor in the decision against the Detroit Tigers. The Yankees are 8-4 against the Blue Jays this season and 5-3 at the Rogers Centre. They last had five wins in Toronto in 2009 when they were 6-3. The Blue Jays are 4-4 on a homestand that ends Sunday. Pittsburgh Steelers Elite Jerseys