championship in four years

zzkzhang
The Philadelphia Eagles and their former kicker stuck it to the Cowboys by drafting a kid named Dallas.

The Super Bowl champions selected tight end Dallas Goedert after trading up three spots in the second round to make their first pick in the draft. Six-time Pro Bowl kicker David Akers needled Cowboys fans when he made the announcement in their stadium.

"Hey Dallas http://www.dallascowboysteamonline.com/kavon-frazier-jersey , the last time you were in the Super Bowl, these draft picks weren't born," Akers shouted before announcing the selection.

After trading out of the first round Thursday night, the Eagles gave Indianapolis a second-round pick (No. 52) and fifth-round pick (No. 169) to get Goedert at No. 49. The 6-foot-5, 256-pound Goedert played four seasons at South Dakota State and is known for his pass-catching ability.

"Dallas is a blue-collar kid who works extremely hard. This was a guy we felt dominated at that level," said Joe Douglas, the executive vice president of player personnel. "He can separate at the top of routes and he's a guy who is going to be a friend to the quarterback."

The Eagles jumped ahead of the Cowboys with the trade, taking a player who could've been on their radar after tight end Jason Witten announced his retirement.

Goedert, who grew up a Packers fan even though he got his name because his dad is a Cowboys fan, said he thought Dallas was going to draft him.

"I think Philadelphia might have thought that as well," he said.

Howie Roseman, the Eagles executive vice president of football operations Jerrell Freeman Jersey , said stealing Goedert from the team's division rival wasn't part of the thought process.

"We wanted to get one of the guys we had from yesterday's list," Roseman said.

Goedert had 72 catches for 1,111 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior after posting 92-1,293-11 as a junior. He'll team with Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz to help Philadelphia's offense create mismatches. The Eagles released veteran tight end Brent Celek and allowed Trey Burton to leave in free agency.

"It's going to depth and competition to the position," coach Doug Pederson said. "He's a tremendous weapon we can utilize. It's exciting to have a pick like this to add."

Goedert shares the same agency with Carson Wentz, who went to North Dakota State. Wentz texted him after he was picked.

"Carson has talked to us about him and he's excited," Roseman said.

The Eagles didn't have a third-round pick. They'll enter Saturday with two picks in the fourth round and one each in the sixth and seventh.

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Of all the games in this four-years-running Finals saga between the Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors, Game 3s have been Cleveland’s best.

As in, it’s the only game the Cavaliers have won more than once.

The Warriors are in Cleveland for Game 3 Wednesday with a 2-0 lead in this series. It was the same a year ago at this time and the Cavaliers were on the verge of winning another Game 3 but blew a six-point lead over the final 3:09 and lost, 118-113.

The year before, trailing 0-2 Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey , the Cavaliers hammered the Warriors by 30 in Game 3 and eventually won the series for their first championship.

“All three games were really, really difficult,” Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. “So we’re used to that. We’re used to the dynamic of being ahead in a series and then having everything shift when you go on the road. But especially when you play Cleveland — LeBron, this crowd and their environment, we know the kind of force they’re going to bring.

“And we have to be prepared for that. We know it. We’ll see if we can do it.”

James is averaging 40 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 10.5 assists so far in this series. He became the first player to ever score at least 50 points (51) in a Finals game and lose in Game 1, when the Cavaliers lost 124-114 in overtime.

Only 20 teams have ever recovered from an 0-2 deficit in the playoffs, but James was responsible for three of those comebacks. The latest was the last round against Boston, when the Celtics won the first two games at TD Garden but James and the Cavaliers took the series in seven.

“I know it feels like we’re down 2-0, and I don’t like the way I feel,” James said. “I don’t like the way — the mood that I’m in right now Chuck Howley Jersey , knowing whatever. There’s no, like, OK, you’re down 2-0 and you feel better than when you’re down 2-0 before.

“I mean, when you’re down like this, in a deficit like this versus a team like this, there’s no good feeling,” James continued. “So I don’t feel good about it.”

Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said Rodney Hood, who fell out of the rotation for good early in the conference finals, would get a chance in Game 3.

Hood is 25 and 6-foot-8 who can score off the dribble in catch-and-shoot situations and can switch on defense. But he’s been miserable in the playoffs, averaging just 4.4 points and shooting 15 percent from 3-point range.

Lue didn’t say which player would lose minutes to Hood, nor did he address any other potential adjustments or lineup changes.

“We believe David Bakhtiari Jersey ,” Lue said. “We watched tape. We watched film and see the things that we can get better at, very minor things. The most important thing, I think, is physicality. Just being able to be on bodies, being physical, not let Steph (Curry) and Klay (Thompson) and K.D. (Kevin Durant) roam freely.”

Curry set NBA Finals records for 3s (nine) and attempts (17) and is averaging 31 points and 8.5 rebounds in the series. Durant is giving the Warriors 26 points and nine boards so far in the Finals. Andre Iguodala (knee) was upgraded to questionable for Game 3. He hasn’t played since Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.

Curry is looking for his third championship in four years — all against Cleveland.

“In the Finals, this is the only building I know what that experience is like,” Curry said. “We know how the atmosphere is here. We know how Cleveland plays here, with a lot of energy and force.

“We understand how hard it is to win in this building. No matter what’s gone on in the series, when you change venues, you’ve got to reassert your dominance and try to find that right momentum to start.”

 Womens Trent Murphy Jersey