Cowboys won’t have a

zhangzk
What the Detroit Tigers were hoping would be a very big week in Ohio is off to a very slow start. With the surprising Tigers’ biggest series of the season coming up this weekend Joonas Donskoi Jersey , they’re not getting much time to turn things around. The Tigers brought a five-game winning streak and plenty of confidence into a week that’s beginning with two games against the last-place Reds in Cincinnati and ending with three against the first-place Indians in Cleveland. They started out the week 2 1/2 games behind the Indians in the AL Central, and were talking openly of leaving Cleveland with the division lead on Sunday night. But they’re now four games back following the Indians’ home-field wins over the Chicago White Sox on successive nights and the Tigers’ 9-5 loss to the Reds on Tuesday night. The Tigers let their game get away from them in a hurry after Joey Votto hit a grand slam in the third inning off Detroit starter Matthew Boyd (4-5). The Tigers put up the kind of late-inning outburst that often wins games — a five-run ninth inning, against Reds reliever Wandy Peralta — but the trouble was they were down 9-0 when the inning began. Reds starter Sal Romano (4-7) shut them out on four hits over seven innings and now has allowed only one run over 15 innings in his last two starts. “This wasn’t a good game for us,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. “The other guy was throwing the ball well. … It wasn’t one of our better nights. You walk a few people (six), give up a few hits and (have) some long innings, and there you have it.” Now, the Tigers don’t have much time to bounce back as they face an afternoon game Wednesday in Great American Ball Park, with right-hander Michael Fulmer (3-5, 4.13 ERA) going up against the Reds’ best pitcher of late in Tyler Mahle (5-6, 3.96). The Reds right-hander has permitted only two earned runs over 16 1/3 innings in his last three starts. “Detroit, you look at their record, they’re getting after it every night Authentic Louis Domingue Jersey ,” said Reds interim manager Jim Riggleman, whose team has won five of seven. “Ron Gardenhire’s got them playing hard and you’d better play the whole nine. They’re going to come after you.” Neither pitcher in Wednesday’s game has faced the opposing team before. Boyd hadn’t seen the Reds before, either, but Cincinnati made quick work of him, chasing him after getting five runs, six hits and three walks off him while he labored through four innings, throwing 80 pitches . Some of the Reds’ low-average hitters did the most damage against Boyd and a Tigers bullpen that was almost flawless during the winning streak. Billy Hamilton, batting .203, went 2-for-4 with a home run and Adam Duvall, batting .196, was 3-for-4. Tucker Barnhart also was 3-for-3 as the Reds collected 13 hits. Detroit wasted a big night at the plate by leadoff hitter Leonys Martin, who went 3-for-3 with a double and walked twice while reaching base five times. Mahle got off to a rough start this season Shane Doan Jersey , losing six of his first nine decisions, but he pitched 6 1/3 shutout innings against the Kansas City Royals in a 7-0 win last Wednesday and five shutout innings against the San Diego Padres on June 1. In between, he gave up two runs to the Rockies in five innings on June 7. “It’s nice to put a couple (of no-run outings) close together like that,” Mahle told reporters after beating the Royals. “I was able to put some zeros up there and our team is always going to be able to score at some point.” Fulmer is coming off a strong start, beating the Minnesota Twins 3-1 on Thursday while giving up only one run on five hits over seven innings. The win was Fulmer’s first at Comerica Park in nearly a year, or since July 15. Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott recently said he doesn’t know “if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver.” He better hope the Cowboys don’t need one. Dallas released Dez Bryant, leaving them minus a feature wideout. Even in the two seasons Prescott played with Bryant, though, Bryant never had a 1,000-yard season. In fact, Cole Beasley was the team’s leading receiver in 2016. The Cowboys insist their lack of a No. 1 receiver is overblown. “As far as this locker, to ourselves or in the meeting rooms Sam Reinhart Jersey , we don’t talk about that at all,” said receiver Allen Hurns, who signed with the Cowboys as a free agent. “The main thing for us is we come in and compete and try to earn our job. I feel like we’ve got a lot of guys who’ve got to come in and prove ourselves regardless. It’s motivation, but that’s not our main motivation. Our main motivation is to come in and be great. Me, I’m not coming off my best year. That’s the same with Beas. He didn’t have his best year last year. Same with TWill [Terrance Williams] and Tavon [Austin]. The list goes on. We’re not coming off our best year. Being young guys coming into the league, you’ve got something to prove. That’s not our main motivation, but it does add fuel to the fire.” The Cowboys鈥?projected top-six receivers have one 1,000-yard season among them. Hurns, Deonte Thompson, Beasley, Williams, Noah Brown and third-round pick Michael Gallup have combined for 754 receptions for 9 Authentic Carl Gunnarsson Jersey ,692 yards and 65 touchdowns. (Austin, who will play receiver and running back, has 194 receptions for 1,689 yards and 12 touchdowns in his career.) Chances are the Cowboys won’t have a 1,000-yard receiver for the fourth consecutive season. They have not had one since Bryant earned All-Pro honors with 1,320 receiving yards in 2014. Prescott likes spreading the ball around and figures to do that again this season. “Depending on what offense we’re in, a lot of people could be No. 1,” Beasley said. “It just depends on what you’re doing. You spread the ball around. It really doesn’t matter. Even with a No. 1, I feel like the balls should be spread anyway. We’ll see. I definitely don’t think it has to be like that, no.” Womens New Orleans Saints Jerseys