CINCINNATI (AP) — A jogging Hue Jackson didn't break

CINCINNATI (AP) — A jogging Hue Jackson didn't break

liny195
stride as he left the practice field. The recently fired Browns head coach was trying to outrun questions about what it's like being on the opposite sideline this week.Jackson left Cincinnati after the 2015 season and spent two-plus seasons trying — futilely — to get the Browns to win. Now he's back in town  E.J. Gaines Color Rush Jersey , trying to beat them in a pivotal game.He's hoping his insights give the Bengals (5-5) an edge Sunday in the intrastate rivalry. The stakes are high for Cincinnati, which has dominated the series lately and wants to keep it that way. "Everybody wants to count us out right now," center Billy Price said. "Everybody wants to put us in the dumpster and light us on fire, but we still have a lot to accomplish. We have a lot of things going on. We have a lot of winnable games coming up here." The Browns (3-6-1) merely would like a victory away from the shore of Lake Erie.Cleveland has lost 25 consecutive road games, one shy of the NFL mark held by the Detroit Lions from 2007-10. The Browns' last win on the road came at Baltimore, where Josh McCown led them to a 33-30 overtime victory on Oct. 11, 2015 — back when Jackson was the Bengals' offensive coordinator.Whether the streak endures or ends will come down to whether the Bengals figure out a way to stop Cleveland's rookie duo on offense.Last week, Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson and running back Gus Edwards became the first rookie QB/RB duo to run for at least 100 yards in the same game, leading Baltimore to a 24-21 victory over Cincinnati. The Bengals have given up more than 200 yards rushing in each of the last two games.By contrast, Cleveland beat Kansas City 28-16 before heading into its bye week. Rookie Baker Mayfield tied a club rookie record with three touchdown passes, and rookie Nick Chubb ran for a career-high 176 yards, including a 92-yard touchdown that was the second-longest by a rookie in NFL history."I think it is our guys believing in it, knowing that we do not need anything else besides what we have in this locker room, blocking out the distractions and coming together," Mayfield said. "Things happen, and you can use it for good. We did."Can they do it again against their former head coach?Some things to watch at Paul Brown Stadium:HUE KNOWSHow much can Hue Jackson tip the outcome? Sure, he knows the Browns' systems intimately and the players personally, but having the bye week allowed Cleveland to change some things."In all honesty, there are no secrets anymore in the league with how all the film is out there to show everybody exactly what you're doing," Brown interim coach Gregg Williams said.OH THAT DEFENSEThe Bengals fired defensive coordinator Teryl Austin after becoming the first team in the Super Bowl era to allow 500 yards in three straight games. Coach Marvin Lewis assumed the job of defensive coordinator as well as hiring Jackson as a special assistant on defense. The change didn't make enough of a difference as the Bengals got run over in Baltimore. Their main focus this week is stopping Chubb."We know that's their emphasis right now and that's what they're going to try to attack us with because that's our perceived weakness right now https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Damarious-Randall-Jersey ," defensive end Carlos Dunlap said.SERIES-LY ONE-SIDEDThe Bengals have won seven in a row against the Browns, the longest winning streak by either team in the intrastate series. The Bengals have won the last seven by 30, 21, 34, 14, 13, 24 and 24 points. The Bengals are 7-1 against Browns rookie quarterbacks under Lewis, who is in his 16th season. The only loss was 34-24 at Cleveland in 2012 behind Brandon Weeden.ONE, TWONot only are the Browns hoping to avoid infamy with their 26th straight road loss, they're trying to start a winning "streak."Cleveland hasn't won two straight games since 2014, when the Browns reeled off three in a row while improving to 6-3 under then-coach Mike Pettine. That seems like an eternity ago for the Browns, who have gone 8-56-1 since that modest run."Any time a team (starts) to win a couple in a row, it builds momentum, it builds belief and that can have a positive impact on your team," right guard Kevin Zeitler said. "It'd be real nice if we can get that going."PLAYOFFS?While the game has significance for Cincinnati's playoff hopes, the Browns aren't yet finished ruminating about the postseason. They'd likely have to win their last six games to end a playoff drought dating to 2002."If you can't and don't believe that we can make a playoff run, then you're on the wrong team," cornerback T.J. Carrie said. "And I feel like from that standpoint we all have that feeling and that emotion about we can definitely do something very special and we're capable of doing it." BEREA, Ohio (AP) — As John Dorsey prepares to make a critical decision he knows may shape Cleveland’s football fortunes, the Browns general manager spends a moment every day giving himself a pep talk.And a stern warning.“Just make sure you don’t mess it up Darren Fells Jersey , that’s what I tell myself,” Dorsey said. “Just don’t mess this thing up.”Dorsey is in the early stages of heading his first coaching search with the Browns, who have been in a futile pursuit of a competent leader for nearly as long as they’ve been looking for a quarterback.With the Browns (3-6-1) on their bye this week, Dorsey provided some insight into a quest that will accelerate once the season is completed and conclude with Cleveland’s ninth coach since 1999.As expected, Dorsey said interim coach Gregg Williams will be one of the candidates interviewed. Dorsey has been impressed with the job that Williams, the team’s fiery defensive coordinator, has done over the past two weeks since taking over for Hue Jackson, who was fired on Oct. 29 after going just 3-36-1 in two-plus seasons.The Browns beat Atlanta 28-16 on Sunday and have split their two games under the 60-year-old Williams, who Dorsey feels he has provided more than stability.“I’ve always been a believer of you play the game like you practice and I think these practices have been very competitive,” Dorsey said. “They’ve been very structured, they’ve been very disciplined, and guys have had some energy and that’s the difference I see. There’s been a focus on the little things which I think is important.”Williams has previous head coaching experience with Buffalo from 2001-2003. He was also the defensive coordinator in New Orleans from 2009-2011, when he guided a group that won the Super Bowl but was also embroiled in the “Bountygate” scandal that resulted in him being suspended by the NFL for one season.Besides Williams, Dorsey has been pleased with how Cleveland’s offense has played under running backs coach Freddie Kitchens, who took over play-calling duties when coordinator Todd Haley was fired the same day as Jackson. Dorsey would not speculate on Kitchens’ future with the team, but said he “has done a heck of a job.”Dorsey would not divulge who else in upper Cleveland’s management team will help him find a coach, but he was adamant the Browns will not hire an outside firm to assist, which is something owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam have done in the past.“We don’t need that,” he snapped.Dorsey was tight-lipped on other aspects of the search, including whether he would be willing to hire a college coach with no pro experience. However T. J. Carrie Color Rush Jersey , he did outline the traits he’s seeking in a new coach.“For me personally, I would like to see a man of character,” he said. “I would like to see a man who can lead young men. I would like a man who has high football acumen. Those are the three basic things there I’m looking for.”Dorsey promised to be as publicly quiet about the search as he was earlier this year when he kept Cleveland’s No. 1 draft pick a well-guarded secret before choosing quarterback Baker Mayfield.That selection is part of why Dorsey feels Cleveland’s coaching gig is so appealing. Mayfield is showing signs of growth and along with rookie running back Nick Chubb, defensive end Myles Garrett, wide receiver Jarvis Landry and others, the Browns have a talented core of young players. The Browns also have nearly $60 million in salary cap space, a rabid fan base, 11 draft picks in 2019 and committed owners fixated on winning.“Those are exciting things for this organization moving forward,” he said. “Anybody, once they understand that, you will see that, you know what? Cleveland is a good place to be.”NOTES: Dorsey had little to say about Jackson returning to Cincinnati as a special assistant to Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. “I wish him the best,” he said. “It was hard a couple of weeks ago.” … Dorsey would not say if he intends to interview former Arizona coach Bruce Arians, who is retired and doing TV analysis but has expressed interest in Cleveland’s opening. “I have a lot of respect for coach Arians,” Dorsey said. “Right now, we are in the process of beginning to finalize our plan. If it comes to the appropriate time and if he happens to be one of the people, you will find out.”